Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quickie

The house is on the market and, y'know, so far it's not as hard to keep the house in show condition as it was to make all the repairs necessary to put it on the market. It's been on the market for about a week and a half and we have had four showings.

Buying this house was our first experience with real estate and we really felt screwed. It was just after our first kid was born and we had to find a house before our lease expired. I clearly remember breastfeeding while walking through properties. In retrospect, I think our realtor saw us coming and kind of took advantage. I remember looking at the decrepit kitchen cabinets in the house we now own and him telling me it was the charm of an old house. What the? No, it was plywood cabinets made in the 1960's. Anyway, we didn't fight too much -- too sleep deprived, I think.

So now we were hoping that, as prospective buyers, we would not feel taken advantage of. But WE DO! It's the same old story -- oh, so hard to find something in your price range. BUT THEN, on the other hand, we are following the sales listing in our markets, and we are seeing other houses that look awesome -- not a ton, but a few -- that are being sold for cheap. Arrrrgghh.

I'm not going to worry too much about what other people are doing, because we'll sell the house for as much as we can and that's that. I've decided instead to focus on working our realtor to the bone trying to find the sweet deals we didn't when we bought before.

SHEESH!

In all other respects life is going well. Our boy is growing well and can put five word sentences together, which we find impressive. I am swelling bigger and bigger in preparation for June 21, our due date. I juuuust got to the point where I can't pick things off the floor very well. This is not so good with a toddler whose favorite form of rebellion is lying prostate and screaming. Perhaps I should carry a long stick to poke him with.

No comments:

Post a Comment